Despite practising multiplication facts, there is still some uncertainty, so how do you get pupils to be able to use the facts efficiently when calculating?
While there are some pupils who can learn multiplication facts relatively easily, this Powerpoint resource (consisting of 64 interactive slides plus printables) nurtures their understanding which will help them to develop fluency when working with multiplication.
A range of models and images, interactive activities and games are utilised to encourage reasoning and develop understanding. Click on the thumbnails above for menus.
Games are also included to consolidate ideas and promote discussion by justifying choices. Instructions and demonstration slides are provided, as well as printable resources, so that the games can be played as a whole class or within groups.
Exploring Multiplication Facts KS2
- Images of arrays and the multiplication grid are used.
- Patterns and links within multiple groups are uncovered.
- Pupils work with these patterns and links - as well as the commutative property (5 x 7 = 7 x 5) - to construct a multiplication grid.
- Pupils explore how facts can be derived from other known facts to reduce reliance on memory alone.
- Printables and answers are included to minimise preparation time.
- Each slide has accompanying notes to assist teachers when working on the development of concepts with pupils.
Students and newly qualified teachers are eligible for a student discount of 50% on all resources.
Just contact us below and leave your email address so that we can send you your discount code.