This Powerpoint resource (consisting of 83 interactive slides plus printables) explores multiplication and division for younger pupils and emphasises the links between the two operations.
A range of models and images, interactive activities, games and problems are utilised to encourage reasoning and develop understanding. Click on the thumbnails above for menus.
Games are also included to consolidate ideas and promote discussion by justifying choices. Instructions and demonstration slides are provided, as well as printable resources, so that the games can be played as a whole class or within groups.
Practical problems are used to provide an opportunity for pupils to apply the multiplication and division facts.
Multiplication and Division KS1
- Patterns in multiples of 2, 5 and 10 are linked to the number line.
- Arrays are introduced to move pupils on from repeated addition.
- Doubling and halving are used to introduce scaling.
- Grouping and equal sharing are experienced through context problems.
- Printables and answers are included to minimise preparation time.
- Each slide has accompanying notes to assist teachers when working on the development of concepts with pupils.
Students and newly qualified teachers are eligible for a student discount of 50% on all resources.
Just contact us below and leave your email address so that we can send you your discount code.